Glad to have you with us!
I very much understand the worry around things like brand changes and product revamps, especially regarding things that are both very critical to us and also have been working perfectly fine for us, for a long time. I hear you!
It's from this place of understanding that we're taking this very carefully. There are a few important things to understand:
- Master Password is not disappearing and a switch to Spectre will be your choice entirely, if and when you're ready or find it will be more useful to you.
- Spectre will run along-side Master Password. We expect that you'll find Spectre far more useful and convenient, but you can keep using Master Password just as well.
- As a Master Password user, the way you can look at Spectre is:
- It is Master Password. The same code-base, same capabilities, same algorithm, same principles, same passwords, same owner.
- It is a new name with a new look, to reach and assist less technical-first people with securing their online privacy.
- It is modernized for new hardware and the new technologies they offer us.
- We are getting ready to apply the algorithm you love to other areas in your online experience were a privacy-first solution is still sorely lacking.
While Master Password isn't going anywhere, needless to say current development efforts are fully focused on Spectre.
Our goal is to build something that answers to your needs. If you should find that you're not quite sold on Spectre, that's valuable information to us since it means we might've missed something: let us know!